In a survey undertaken by the Stress Management Society to understand the key challenges that businesses face when it comes to workplace stress and wellbeing, the responses highlighted that stress in the workplace is common, affecting more than 75% of companies, and stress is having a significant negative impact on many key areas within these businesses.
Does workplace stress affect your business?
What are your concerns about how stress is impacting your business?
In the Stress Management Society survey, these were the biggest concerns regarding the effects of stress within the businesses surveyed.
The main response under ‘another answer’ was presenteeism – a recognised challenge for many businesses.
The survey went on to highlight the key outcomes respondents hoped to achieve by highlighting, intervening and reducing the risk of workplace stress for both the employees and the business as a whole.
The outcomes included:
- Reduced costs and creating a better work environment for all the team
- Delivering business performance with engaged and energised employees who are able to apply their strengths and passions while also balancing all aspects of their lives
- Greater engagement as the team will be happier
- Developing methods of reducing workloads and workplace pressures while still providing a competent/professional service to clients
- A happier workforce
- Less time off for sickness
- Improved morale, wellbeing and engagement
- To have a better working environment
- Increasing productivity and wellbeing
- Openness and ability to treat stress symptoms
- Improved teamwork
- Attracting and retaining the best staff
- Be an employer of choice
Are these the outcomes that you would like to achieve in your business?
We all want to be part of a happy, healthy and productive business; one that invests in the team to improve morale and that provides the skills and tools to enable people to cope with the pressures they face. Sometimes, it can be hard to know where to start, how to influence others and what can be done.
How could you and your business benefit from creating a culture of wellbeing and one that actively intervenes to minimise the stress in the organisation?
What could you do?
What will you do?
I frequently work with businesses, training teams in coping strategies, stress management techniques, how to use their time more effectively, developing high performance teams and conflict resolution, providing and highlighting the techniques to minimise the stress of working in the organisation while providing the techniques to cope with the pressure of working within their chosen professions.
If you would like further information about how I can help you and your team, please get in contact either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call on 07500006383